Coming out of the COVID-19 fog

The tiny retrovirus from Wuhan managed to attack my body cells. I’m just nearing two weeks since my body has been facing this parasitic structure and it’s been foggy, tiring and sleepy. It has forced me to just be present in the moment. With SARS-CoV-2 you have to surrender and redirect all your energy towards your immune system. 


Recovering from Covid-19 has given me plenty of time for introspection. I am again appreciating being able to do the things I enjoy the most. Today I played the piano after a long period of not being motivated to do so. I have the impression I had fallen in the trap I once so clearly escaped from. The trap of social appreciation. 

I was starting to become uneasy with the reality of being unemployed and disconnected in this geographical isolation where my home is placed. Living in a small island, in a tiny rural village comes with its own challenges. After so many years, it is not easy to relocate or reinsert yourself in the workforce. 

Yet there is no point in obsessing over changing certain circumstances that will ultimately not ease the level of content with myself. I have achieved many of the goals I set off to accomplish in my adult life. I have been blessed with three beautiful replacements as a human and many loving friends and relatives in my proximity. 

I have been reminded that being alive is a gift and that I enjoy abundance and security. I slowed down even more during the pandemic and I am not worried about an uncertain future. I am happy to be present today. I love my body, my cells and the people around me. I embrace my life as it unfolds everyday in my reality. 

Happy Easter and happy rebirth during this Orthodox Holy Week.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do you allow yourself to simply feel?

How is avoiding toxic people a double-edged sword?

We become wiser as we accept our mortality